Let's see, last weekend we finished planting the rest of the garden. We planted the onions a week or so ago and we added tomatoes, potatoes, corn, carrots, peas, cucumbers, pumpkins, zucchini and one purple pepper plant. Do you think that's enough?!?! We also planted three sunflower plants by our bird bath but it looks like the birds already ate one of them. I have also attempted to grow a currant bush, gooseberry bush, and blueberry bush. I'll be curious to see if they survive. Of course, we'll post pictures periodically to show the progress of our garden!
Richard finally gave into me wanting some type of evergreen plants in front of our porch. He found some nice dwarf alberta spruce trees that are trimmed in the shape of a cone. We planted these over the weekend, too, and buried the dripline. It already looks better! They will also look nice as decorated as Christmas trees this winter - I just have to convince Richard so he will put lights on them!
Next on our social calendar is camping at Winchester Lake for Memorial Weekend. This will be a true test to see if we can fit all of our camping gear in the new sky box! We are going to be grown ups this trip and have our own camp site! I pray it won't rain on us!
Our next home improvement project will start the week after Memorial Day. We are having a deck put on the back of the house. Again, we will post pictures of before, during and after! It should only take a week or two.
The kids are both very excited about our trip to San Diego in June. Stay tuned....
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The picture looks great! I may come raid your garden so watch out! heheh
Gooseberries! Yum! :)
I'm a bit jealous of all your garden stuff this year, as we're still in development stage and likely won't be where I'd like us to be until next year (maybe a fall crop?). We're planning to make the majority of our front and back yards into edibles.
Hope you had a great time camping this past weekend and stayed dry! We're enjoying the new blog and hearing more of what's happening on a regular basis!
Post a Comment